Taking care of a newborn baby is a task. A new mom is always worried and cautious before doing anything with the baby. There is one more thing that keeps the new mom awake at night; it is the post-pregnancy weight.
Losing weight after giving birth is a little difficult as your body is still in the healing process and adapting to the new changes. Since you cannot do vigorous training, we have a list of easy yoga poses which will help you to lose weight easily post-pregnancy.
1. Cobra poseCobra pose is very effective in weight loss as well as helping the new moms in dealing with the back pain they experience post delivery. This basic yoga pose will tone your buttocks, abdomen and arms. You can do this pose 5-10 times a day. Read Also: Yoga Exercises That Are Effective In Reducing Stubborn Belly Fat How to do it:
- Lay flat on your stomach and bring your palms on either side of your chest.
- Breathe in and lift yourself up using your arms.
- Hold the pose for a minute and do some deep breathing.
- Bring yourself back slowly.
- Lay on your stomach. Bend the knees and hold them with your hands.
- Inhale while lifting your head and maintain the pose for a few seconds.
- Return to the original position while exhaling.
3. Tiger poseThis simple yoga asana is a blessing for all the new moms. With this pose, you can lose weight, tighten your thigh and abdomen muscle and it rejuvenates the female sexual organs. This yoga pose is really easy on the post-pregnancy body. How to do it:
- Get on your hands and knees and raise one knee and bring it in towards the chest while bending your head in.
- Hold this position for a few seconds and swing your raised knee backwards to stretch your leg and raise your head up.
- Repeat with the other leg.
4. Pigeon poseFor all the moms who are trying to tone their lower body, pigeon pose is the answer. Not only does this pose tone your thighs and hips but also helps with the urinary infection which is very common post delivery. How to do it:
- Kneel and stretch the one leg backwards and bend the other one so that it rests near the pelvic bone.
- Place your hands on the floor and hold the position for 10 seconds. Repeat with the other leg.
5. Triangle poseTriangle pose is one of the easiest and most effective for weight loss. It reduces fat from waist and hips. It also helps to tone the hamstrings. Other than aiding weight loss, it will keep the new mommy calm. How to do it:
- Stand with your feet at least 3 feet apart. Inhale and bring your arms to the shoulder level.
- Exhale and bend sidewards touching the hand and the foot of the same side.
- Lay low and do some deep breathing before repeating the process with the other side.
6. Half tortoise poseLosing weight while laying on the bed is now possible with the half tortoise pose. This pose helps to tone lower back and glutes. With this pose, you can stretch the major muscles of the lower body with this pose. Losing weight is so easy! How to do it:
- Sit on your knees and then bend more to let your hips rest on your heels.
- Inhale and raise your arms up. Join them and bend at the waist down while exhaling.
- Try to touch your head on the ground. Do some deep breathing before coming up again.
7. Camel poseCamel pose will take care of the post-pregnancy flabby stomach while taking care of the arms and the chest. This pose removes the tension from the lower back and treats problems like thyroid, parathyroid disorders and spondylitis. How to do it:
- Kneel with your knee a little apart from each other. Rest your feet flat on the ground.
- Place your hands on your hips and slowly bend more inhaling. Try to hold your feet in your hands.
- Hold the position for a few seconds and repeat it a couple of times.