Hum Qmobile style awards had all the components of excellence. These awards were a combination of fabulous performances, amazing choreography, interesting anecdotes and impeccable organization. As for the stage it was brilliantly conceived and set up.
The red carpet was fired up by the who’s who of our fashion and entertainment industry.
Activity on the stage was set alight by the combination of Ahmed Ali Butt and Ayesha Omer acting as hosts in the initial half. First performance provided delight plus ample entertainment. In the latter half of the show Amina Sheikh looked confident and mesmerized the audience with a brilliant commentary.
An outstanding feature of the whole awards was that Pakistani music remained dominant and sole dependence was placed on it. From my end this deserves huge compliments especially in the light of the current prevailing situation. Through this act the organizers not only acknowledged the skill and talent of the local music scene but also helped to encourage ancillary industries. The organizers could have played on the Pakistan theme a bit more but we really liked the few who mention not only of Pakistan but also the cause of Pakistan like Kashmir in their acceptance speeches. Ali Zafar‘s “Pakistan Zindabad” resonated with us well as well as Hamza Ali Abbasi’s dedication to struggle of innocent Kashmiris.
There were lot of first awards for nominees in the various categories which just goes to show how deprived and under acknowledged are most segments. But this also shows the acumen and selection process set up by hum style awards management, which has brought forth the people that deserved these awards.
The hosts were very busy bashing their fellow colleagues that it would have been appropriate for bashing the Indian stance on banning Pakistani Talent. But hopefully soon we will look towards doing awards and jokes more on merit and not following the foot steps or the norm set by international awards. I would have personally liked to see a lot more involvement by the industry invitees. Saw them queuing and lining up and arguing to sit in the front rows but when it came to applauding the winners and entertainers they were just not interested. I wanted to hear clapping’s, jeering’s and lot of noise from them, but it was just not there. Hopefully they understand that encouragement by them of their peers will go a long way in making the industry more vibrant.
We only hope that the selection of the winners and even the nominations will not follow the path of other style awards which are supposedly ripe with favoritism.
For now these stand out as the best of the Style awards. We wish Hum Style awards the best for the up coming years and wish that they grow from strength to strength and offer our entertainment community the avenue of growth that it needs.
The winners of the style awards are listed below:
- Best male model: Shahzad noor
- Best female model: Amna Baber
- Hair &make-up artist of the year: Hannan siddique
- Fashion photographer of the year: Shahbaz shazi
- Fashion Publication of the year: Diva
- QMobile rising star: Ashna khan
- Most stylist male performer male: Ali zafar
- Most stylish male performer female: Meesha shafi
- Most stylish sports personality: Shahid Afridi
- Designer of the year lawn: Elan
- Designer of the year Demi couture: Shehla chator
- Retail brand of the year: Apparel Sapphire
- Designer of the year fashion jewelery: Amber sami
- Designer of the year menswear: Rupublic by omar Farooq
- Designer of the year Bridal: Faraz Manan
- Style Icon of 2016: Waseem Akram
- Most stylish actor television: Hamza Ali Abbasi
- Most stylish actress Television: syra Shehroz
- Most stylish actor films: Humayun Saeed
- Most stylish actress films: Mahira Khan
- Excellence in the field of designing: Bunto Kazmi
- Excellence in the field of styling: Nabila
- Recognition award: Naz Mansha